My Baby Tracker

Friday, February 8, 2013

Triggering!

Well, it's day 9 of stims and I'm already triggering (inducing ovulation)!  I am doing a Lupron/HCG trigger.  I have no idea why I'm doing a combo-type trigger - just Lupron can be used as a trigger for women who are over-responders.  Usually just an HCG trigger is used but puts some women over the edge and in to the land of OHSS.  Anyway, I took my first shot of Lupron 1/2 hour ago and I need to take the HCG shot in another 1/2 hour.  I'm very tired.  It's 1:45am.  The HCG has to go in at precisely 2:10am.  Then I have a blood draw at my clinic at 8am tomorrow morning.  Ugh!  Hopefully I can sneak in a nap when I get home since I'll be working at home tomorrow.  I am too uncomfortable to wear regular office clothes.  More importantly, there are just too many people who are sick in my office right now.  I was surrounded by sneezy, coughing, mucus oozing people today and I was constantly slathering the hand sanitizer and washing my hands, opening doors/touching things in the kitchen with my elbows.  Heh Heh.  I just really can't afford to get sick right now!  So I'm staying home in my disease-free home tomorrow and staying in my sweat pants too.

Saturday is my egg retrieval.  It also happens to be my 34th birthday!  I hope I get a good birthday present - lots of eggs!  We are going up tomorrow night and the procedure is at 12:10pm Saturday.  I won't be able to drive for 24 hours after so we'll go back home Sunday afternoon.  We should get a call sometime Sunday to let us know how many eggs were mature and how many were fertilized.  And that will be the start of the dreaded "2 week wait" - the wait between egg retrieval/fertilization and the pregnancy blood test. 

Well, time to start mixing up my HCG!!

No comments:

Post a Comment