My Baby Tracker

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Day 5 of stims

Today is day 5 of stims and things are going good!

My first monitoring appointment was yesterday up in Chicago. That went well and hubby dropped off his homies at the lab. It was horrible getting to Chicago due to the snow that developed overnight and early morning Saturday but we made it in one piece. There were lots of accidents though! Going back home was not bad at all. Hopefully the weather is better next time we go up! Anyway, they looked at me, saw that my ovaries were responding and my E2 was a bit high at 526 so they lowered my dose for yesterday.

Went in for monitoring in Indy this morning and got butchered by the ultrasound tech! Ugh! That was the first time that it really hurt. She said that she couldn't see my ovary but the tech yesterday had no problem. Whatever, I survived! Anyway, I have about 4-5 follicles ranging from 9mm to 11mm and 12 or so follicles at less than 9mm. Nurse said that was good and said my e2 was 875 which is a good rise - but not too high. Yay!

So I'm stimming tonight and tomorrow still at a lowered dose but adding in low-dose HCG (to help with egg maturation) and starting ganirelex (to prevent premature ovulation) tomorrow night. I won't have to go in for monitoring tomorrow (yay!) but will go back in Tuesday. I am definitely starting to feel my ovaries. Sorta weird because last time I didn't feel a thing but was stimming way faster than I am now. Maybe this time my body has a chance to recognize what's going on and is allowing my pain nerves to kick in. I'm not in pain though - just 'aware' of my ovaries.

Well, I'm off to go shoot up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment