My Baby Tracker

Monday, February 25, 2013

Another beta test tomorrow

Tomorrow marks the day of another hurdle to be met before we can start to really get comfortable with this whole pregnancy thing.  I have beta #2 in the morning.  I am expecting to have to wait all day again for the results - similar to the wait on Saturday - except now I will be at work and will have to pretend like I'm working.  LOL!  Not looking forward to it.  Hopefully it is good news though!  I will try to sweet-talk the phlebotomist in to calling me with the results if possible.  I don't know though.  Our embryo (the one that I'm assuming attached) was of good quality so that generally is a good predictor of how well it will do once it implants.  Trying to think positively, but I'm freaked out yet again!

So my RE likes to see a doubling time somewhere around 72 hours (or 2-3 days) or less.  Doubling time is the rate at which the hCG level doubles.  So if my hCG level doubles every 72 hours, my level tomorrow will be around 292.  Hopefully it is more than that, but I think that's the minimum number.  Of course I'll need confirmation from the nurse when they call on what my number means.  If it is 250, probably not a big deal but they may order another test for me to do in a couple days.  But if it is 200 or less, probably not good.  Anyway, trying HARD not to think about it.  Hopefully everything will be fine and they'll tell me when we can schedule the first ultrasound (assuming that will be sometime next week).

Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment