My Baby Tracker

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

2nd beta result!

Second beta is at 575!  WHOOHOO!!  RE is really pleased with that number AND said I can stop putting on my estrogen patches!  YAY!  I loath those things! 

The last couple hours I was really freaking out though and actually ended up calling the clinic instead of the other way around.  LOL!  I was at work waiting for my phone to ring from about 1pm - 3:45pm and knew that when I finally got the call, I would have to scurry out of my cubicle to a private conference room - bound to attract attention.  The only alternative would have been me talking to the nurse in my cubicle.  Then EVERYONE would know because there is no such thing as a private conversation in our cubicles!  So I went to a private location and called them - plus I wanted to make sure that they even got my results because they usually call by 3pm or so and it was 3:55pm and still no word!  My clinic here closes at 4pm so I still had time to call them and tell them to re-fax the results if the Chicago clinic hadn't received anything yet.  ANYWAY, turned out to be not a big deal.  They had my results and they said that everything looked great.  PHEW!

My first ultrasound is in 2 weeks.  I will be 6.5 weeks then and possibly may see the heartbeat (probably not hear it yet - I don't know, need to do some research on that one).  I need to get my progesterone level checked again next week and I will get another beta done too.  The 3rd beta isn't required, but the nurse said I could do it if it would give me peace of mind since my next check on the actual pregnancy isn't for another 2 weeks. 

So today I feel safe to post the pics of Batman and Robin.  The blast on the top is Batman; Robin is the one on the bottom!

No comments:

Post a Comment