My Baby Tracker

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

And then there were 7!

We got a call from our RE's office this morning telling us that we could stay home today.  They are pushing us to a 5 day transfer on Thursday because we still have 7 embryos that are looking good!  This is great news!  Our last cycle we only had 2 of 6 embryos on day 3 and those 2 were slow.  If all 7 were slow this RE would have had us come in today because sometimes the slow growers have issues - not always, but statistically they don't do as well as the fast/normal growers.  The nurse couldn't give me any details regarding the number of cells and fragmentation percentage on our embryos - just that 7 were still good and they were recommending a day 5 transfer.  So now we just keep our fingers crossed that they continue developing and we have some blastocysts on Thursday.  But 87.5% of our embryos made it to day 3 vs. only 33% last time - so that's a great increase!  This is a good link with more info regarding blasts and their benefits: http://www.advancedfertility.com/blastocy.htm.  And another link with our clinics' success rate with blastocyst transfers: http://www.advancedfertility.com/blastocystpregnancyrates.htm.  Of course this depends on if our embryos can reach that stage - but if they do, it looks very promising for a positive result!

So the rollercoaster continues on.  The times when I'm nervous and anxious are the low points and the high points are when I get good news.  Most of stimming was high, after trigger was low - got pretty nervous about what they were going to get, after egg retrieval - high, waiting for fertilization results - low, getting fert results - high, waiting for day 3 report - low, getting day 3 report - high, and it will go on and on and on!  This time tomorrow I'll be low again probably.  My meditation CDs are helping a lot, working on letting go and trusting God and our doctor is helping too.  But realizing that whatever I am feeling is okay is a big one too.  I am thinking about IVF related things pretty much all the time, but that is normal and it is okay.  As long as I am not jeopardizing other areas of my life by googling too much, obsessing about pregnancy symptoms, taking pregnancy tests every time I go to pee, or thinking damaging, negative thoughts, I am doing good.  I'm going to go in for acupuncture tomorrow, continuing with blogging, and am getting back in to walking the dog since my pain is nearly gone so those will help with the stress too.  Plus, work is going to be busy starting next week.  I still am not sure when my beta blood test will be though.  I keep on forgetting to ask!  It's almost better that I don't know the date actually:))

Something annoying though was that I was puking this morning.  I almost never do that.  I made an egg sandwich and was halfway thru eating it when I felt icky.  My hubby ate the same thing I did and he was fine so I don't think it was the sandwich.  I drank some oj that was open in the fridge for the past week - so it should still be ok but I did have my doxycycline (antibiotic to prevent infection after ER) on an empty stomach which I guess you are not supposed to do and I had to change my estrogen patches this morning.  So I don't know, hoping it's something related to that or just an isolated incident.  It was unpleasant though.  I ate lunch a couple hours ago and I have kept it down so far - so fingers crossed that it stays down and this doesn't happen again!  Maybe it was a free preview of morning sickness:D

No comments:

Post a Comment