My Baby Tracker

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Processing the BFN

I've been doing some reading on DNA fragmentation in sperm lately. Wondering if that was an issue that we were dealing with last time. I don't know why the DNA fragmentation test for sperm is not a standard test included with the basic male infertility diagnostic process. Seems like a lot rides on the frag number. I have started hubby on extra vitamin E and C. It's just such a battle to get him to take them - especially the vitamin C! To his credit though I am giving him a lot of vitamins. I may see if there are gummy versions of some of them:)) Hopefully we'll be able to cut back on them soon.

I am so tired of my cycle right now. It's been 1 1/2 weeks since starting my period and I am still spotting and ovulation is nowhere in sight. I have no idea when I'll get my next period. Good news though is that we get to do a phone consult with an RE in Chicago tomorrow - Advanced Fertility! http://www.advancedfertility.com/ Originally we were scheduled for the 2nd week of January, but there was a cancellation so we got bumped up. I'm really interested to hear about what this doctor has to say given that his success rates are so much better. Also have our followup with our current RE on Thursday so by that time we should have a good idea of what happened, what we'll do next and when.

BUT before we move forward, unfortunately I have to go in for some therapy:( I guess it's not such a bad thing but my hubby is telling me that I need to get help processing our failed cycle. I suppose he could be right, but I am under the impression that I am supposed to be mad, sad, slightly depressed for what could have been. Isn't it normal to feel like this?? We found out it failed only 1 1/2 weeks ago so I don't think I should have totally bounced back yet. I wasn't prepared for the amount of loss that I feel, but I know that our life will go on and we have more chances to try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment