My Baby Tracker

Friday, December 7, 2012

Ideas for closure

I am having a rough time processing the negative outcome of our IVF cycle. I am just so mad and feeling sorry for myself. My hubby and I are seeing a therapist to help me process and she asked me at our last session if I thought of our embies as blobs of cells or as babies. I never thought of it before but I definitely thought of them as my babies whereas my hubby did not. That was enlightening though and she suggested having some sort of informal ceremony to get closure. Plant a tree, get a box and put the picture of the embies in it and bury it or similar. Sort of difficult to do that in mid December but something to think about I guess.  Something I've heard on one of the IVF forums is to write a letter to the embryos.  I think I may definitely do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment