My Baby Tracker

Monday, December 3, 2012

2nd opinion phone consult

Had our 2nd opinion consult this evening and got a lot of questions answered. Our bad embryos were most likely due to an egg or lab problem. I asked about sperm and DNA frag and he said sperm accounts for 5% of the embryo quality. The rest is on the egg and lab techs. That explains why my embies were so slow even on day 3. So I'm cranking up on the royal jelly! Good news though is that he gave us a success rate of 70% - way better than the 40% at our current clinic! He'd put me on ganirelex protocol with a lupron trigger b/c he said my estradiol (E2) levels were way too high to support good embie development - HCG trigger increases E2 levels and ends up frying the eggs. Have our consult with our current clinic on Thursday so we'll see what they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment