My Baby Tracker

Friday, November 30, 2012

Slow embryos on days 1-3=bad eggs?

I got my records from my RE and on day 3, 4 of our embies were either 2 or 3 cells. I had 1 at 4 cells and another at 5 cells. Those last 2 went on to be compacting embies on day 5. The others all arrested on day 3. Aren't they supposed to be at least 6 cells on day 3? All had about 25% fragmentation. So I’m wondering if this is an egg issue? We're dealing with male factor infertility and ovulation issues with me so I guess I'm sort of surprised to see our status on day 3. I guess there is no test to test for bad eggs - that test is IVF in fact. So you never know what you are going to get until you actually get the eggs out. Something to bring up at our follow-up consult I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment