My Baby Tracker

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Cycle recap

My period came last Wednesday morning (the day of my beta ironically) and beta came back negative. Hubby & I spent all day weeping and feeling sorry for ourselves and then dragged ourselves out of the house the following day to go spend Thanksgiving Day with hubby's family. It was the best thing we could have done - to be around normal happy people. We didn't tell any of them about our IVF procedure so there weren't any questions or anything and we were thankful for that. The following day I set up a WTF (what the fuck) appt with our RE for Dec 6th, did some research on what to do for our next cycle, & did some looking at other clinics.

To recap our previous IVF cycle, my stim response was borderline OHSS (ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome). I was "coasting" a lot. I didn't feel uncomfortable at all, but my E2 (estradiol) number was too high. They put me on Cabergoline to prevent OHSS after triggering ovulation with HCG and got 10 eggs, 8 mature, and 6 fert normally with ICSI. By day 5 we had 2 compacting embies - no blasts or morulas. Usually about 1/3 of fertilized embryos will make it to blastocyst stage on day 5. - but ours were slow We transferred both of the embryos that were still alive and did not have any frosties. I had a positive outlook up until our embryo transfer day when we didn't have any blasts. I kept my negativity to myself but just didn't have the best feeling. The embryologist said not to worry, that they see embies like ours make it to blast by day 6 all the time - but that didn't really appease me. I spent the next 1.5 weeks trying to relax and distract myself. But last Tuesday night my cramps and spotting started and I broke down. Hubby was still positive, said that he read stories about women spotting and cramping during early pregnancy, but I just knew. Sure enough, my period showed up that following morning. I was on progesterone suppositories too - so not really sure why my period showed. My nurse said that "that happens sometimes" though so I guess I won't worry about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment