My Baby Tracker

Thursday, April 4, 2013

A surprise 3rd ultrasound today!

The spotting saga continues.  I thought it was finally over yesterday and thought that I was done with the pantiliners for good.  I was good all day yesterday but then this morning, more brown spotting - heavy too.  I wasn't too concerned - was just pissed that I had to wear a pantiliner again - but decided to call my OB just to let her know that over a week after my pap smear, the spotting was still going on.  Well, I called her at 1pm and she wanted me to come in at 2pm for an ultrasound!  It sort of surprised me at how prompt they were with just a little bit of brown spotting - but I was eager to oblige. 

I pretty much had to leave work right away to get there by 2pm but my work is flexible with that stuff so it wasn't a big deal.  While driving there though I started to get nervous, trying to replay the entire conversation with the OB to see if maybe there was something else that I may have said that would have made her want me to come in so quickly.  I think I remembered mentioning that my sides were feeling crampy, but nothing else that would be alarming.  By the time I got there I was pretty nervous but kept telling me to trust my gut - that everything was fine.  And of course it was.  I got in for the ultrasound and we saw the baby right away, saw the heartbeat (178 bpm today!), and saw arms and legs too this time.  Everything was great!  The baby was bouncing all over the place too!  It was putting on a dance show for us:)  The tech had a hard time getting a good picture because the baby was so active.  She managed to get one shot, but it's really bad quality so I won't bother posting it.  I have another u/s scheduled for next Wednesday so maybe the baby will be sleeping and we'll get some better pictures!

The u/s also didn't detect any blood in my uterus and my cervix looked good so my doc wasn't too concerned with my spotting.  She did get out a speculum to take a peak up there - no scraping!  She didn't see anything bad - just some of my brown spotting - but nothing was actively bleeding and again, my cervix looked good.  So just have to assume for now that spotting was just old blood and it'll all work itself out of there soon.   

No comments:

Post a Comment