My Baby Tracker

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Got my fetal doppler yesterday!

I ordered the Sonoline-B last week and it came yesterday!  The sonoline-B had the best reviews online and was pretty cheap at only $54.  It came ready-to-use right out of the box - just add 2 AA batteries and you're ready to go.  I did not have time to find baby yesterday but tried immediately after getting home from work today (instead of taking a nap like I really should have done).  It took quite awhile to find.  Baby at this point is sitting pretty low - right above my pubic bone.  In it's natural state, my uterus is tilted backward instead of forward so that makes baby a bit harder to find too.  My OB says my uterus is gradually shifting forward as baby gets bigger.  It has started shifting already, but I don't know if it is quite where it will be for the remainder of the pregnancy.  Anyway, I wasn't sure I would be able to find anything due to the fact that I'm only 10w3d and my uterus is tilted.  I did find it eventually though!  Like I said above, baby is hanging out pretty low and slightly to the left.  There was a lot of competing noises that I had to sift through.  First was my heartbeat.  Even though the probe is not above my heart, it still is sensitive enough to pick it up if the probe is at the right angle.  Second and most frequently competing noise was the artery that I have down there that supplies blood to my legs.  It clocks in at a lower rate and sounds much different though so I knew it wasn't baby.  There is also the placental blood sound and umbilical blood sound (both of which aren't really strong enough to be picked up yet).  Baby clocked in b/n 160-170bpm which is right on track!  You can hear it in this video:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment