My Baby Tracker

Friday, January 4, 2013

Hysteroscopy

I had my hysteroscopy yesterday.  Holy cow, was that really painful!  I had 600 mg of advil prior to my appointment like my nurse suggested, but that didn't seem to help.  The cramps were horrendous!!  They did find a polyp though so I guess it was worth the pain and effort.  I will find out next week if the RE wants to remove it.  They said it was a "flat polyp" so it wasn't that big of a deal.  We'll see though.  Also got my AMH level back.  It was 1.24 so that was good (anything above 1 is good).  But I do have a vitamin D deficiency so I have to take a vitamin D supplement.  You'd think with all the vitamins I'm taking, that I should have plenty of everything - guess not though.  Even though vitamin D is included with the calcium that I take, I'm still deficient.  I'm reading though that sometimes people on steroids can become vitamin D deficient.  I am still taking Prednisone, so maybe that's why.  Anyway, they want me to bring my levels up because there is evidence that a vitamin D deficiency may cause problems with implantation.  Whatever they say, I'll do it!!

Also had to discuss financial logistics at my visit yesterday.  That part was very unpleasant.  Basically found out that we have to pay for everything up front and we have to take care of submitting claims with our insurance later.  I do NOT like this.  This was not how our former clinic operated, so I was not expecting this news.  At first I said that we were going to back out and go back to our old clinic.  But after thinking about it a bit and discussing it with my hubby we decided to stay where we are.  We already have all our drugs specific to this RE, their success rates are so much better than the clinic that we were at, and they have already caught things that my old clinic didn't bring up at all.  They are going to get the pre-authorizations from my insurance company tomorrow so we should have that in writing before we have to fork over money.  That will lessen any pain later if the insurance company claims that they will not cover something.  We will put it all on a rewards credit card, will pay that off in full with a 0% credit card, and then will pay that bill with our HSA money as it becomes available to us.  Sounds confusing, but it won't be that bad.  We have the cash to front it but just want to get whatever we can to be tax-free.

So the next steps are for them to call me regarding my polyp and I will call them when I get my period.  Then they'll plan everything out and I'll go in for my baseline appointment and we'll go from there.  But in a nutshell, my visit to my RE went well!

No comments:

Post a Comment