My Baby Tracker

Monday, January 14, 2013

I'm on the schedule!

Finally have some news to post!  My period came yesterday (with a vengance, I might add - don't remember a more painful period) so I called my fertility clinic today to let them know.  They have me on the schedule for egg retrieval sometime around February 10th and transfer sometime around the 15th.  My monitoring will begin January 30th (I think this will be my baseline appointment).  I start birth control pills today and continue those until the 27th to shut my ovaries down.  Meanwhile, my RE determined that it's probably best to take out my polyp.  Luckily it won't screw up dates or anything with our IVF cycle as long as we get it taken care of next week.  So I'm going up to Chicago next Wednesday for surgery.  Sorta nervous about how that will go but I trust my doctor so I'll put it all in his hands.  I'll be doped up too so that will take the edge off;)  Can't imagine going thru that surgery without some sort of sedation especially considering how painful just the hysteroscopy was for me! 

So for now I am to just take birth control.  Hopefully the side effects won't be too bad.  I've heard it can be brutal for some women - but when I was on it years ago it never seemed to effect me, so hoping that it is still the same way now.  At the end of the week hopefully I'll have more details (injection calendar and such) and my FMLA papers to give to my work so I don't have to use vacation or sick time for egg retrieval and embryo transfer. 

Also asked my old fertility clinic if they could do my out-of-town monitoring and they said yes, all they need is an order from my current clinic.  So that will be a lot more convenient and I am confident that they know what they are doing from that end.  It'll be slightly awkward going back there and running into my nurse (who I loved) and possibly having to have the conversation where I tell her that we switched REs.  But it's nothing personal - just need to put our money where it has the best chance to bless us with a baby!  Everything fell together so easily with this new clinic (besides for the financial issues of having to pay upfront), so feel like God is telling us that this is where we are supposed to be.  But still, feel sorta bad.  Oh well.  I'll get over it!

No comments:

Post a Comment