My Baby Tracker

Friday, August 5, 2016

8w2d update

I never got a chance to post an update on my ultrasound last week.  I was 8w2d last Tuesday and went in for ultrasound and bloodwork.  My RE office said that as long as all looked well, I would be released to my OB that day and would switch from the PIO butt shots to progesterone suppositories.  My ultrasound went well, baby looked great and my SCH had not changed much from the previous week.  It was 3x2x1cm - considered small to moderate size.  My bloodwork took longer to process as they forgot to run it as a STAT result.  Eventually it got there last Wednesday.  All was great with my numbers too and they gave me my instructions regarding switching progesterone types and how to receive my records.  It was very anti-climatic.  I didn't even speak to my regular nurse to say goodbye/thank you.  But like I said before - I wasn't there to make friends.  So... oh well I guess!

I then called my OB and got scheduled for my first appointment.  Their first opening was almost 3 weeks away!  Ugh!  Such a long time to wait.  Even though we have a CCS normal embryo transferred, it is still recommended to do the same 1st and 2nd trimester screening for abnormalities that I did last time with Kellen.  I was assured that there would still be time to do the NT ultrasound and bloodwork that goes along with that.  I think the range is b/n 11 and 14 weeks to get that done.  I'll be 11w when I go in for my first OB appt - so we should be ok.  They also said that if I experienced anymore red bleeding that I should call and let them know.  But brown spotting is ok and expected with an SCH.

So I started taking the suppositories and said goodbye to the PIO and all the needles:)  The suppositories are kinda gross but once I started taking them, my spotting seemed to get really light.  So that made me happy.

Here is a pic of baby girl (her head is on the left):

No comments:

Post a Comment