My Baby Tracker

Friday, April 29, 2016

Stim day 6 (CD 8) status

I've been shootin' up since last Saturday.  The shots have gone really well so far.  My meds are more high maintenance this time as the menopur and HGH needs to be mixed for each shot.  It's pretty easy to do though - just somewhat time consuming.  The shots themselves are pretty easy to take except for the Menopur.  That one stings a bit but I found that going extremely slow helps a lot.  No real side effects yet except I've had a persistent headache since Tuesday which might be attributable to the meds.

I had to go in for monitoring this past Tuesday and then it was off to New Jersey that night!  We arrived yesterday evening and have settled in nicely.  The trip was exhausting but not too bad. We drove 4 hours on Tuesday night and drove the rest of the way yesterday.  Kellen was an angel despite drawing all over his arms and legs with a stray pen that was left within arms reach.  LOL whoops!  When got to our hotel we were given a room that was filthy and reeked of curry.  Nasty.  So they gave us a new room.  We walked in and realized that they gave us a 2 bedroom suite.  Sigh...I figured we'd have to move again - but no, they upgraded us without us even demanding it.  Whoohoo!  So now mommy & daddy have their own room and Kellen can be in his:)  

Today we did not do much.  I had monitoring this morning and an acupuncture appointment this afternoon.  As expected, this clinic is all business. Felt like a cow this morning and the staff were droid-like but oh well. Not here to make friends I guess. The woman I had for acupuncture was very nice though.  She had me do a laser acupuncture session and it was pretty crazy. The needles were hooked up to jumper cables essentially. It was really intense - could literally feel my ovaries vibrating!  Hope it works.  I am on day 6 of stims and all is on track I assume as my dosage hasn't changed since I started. They had me start ganirelix yesterday and HGH tonight so now I have a total of 4 shots with the gonal and menopur.  The acupuncturist had my chart and talked to me about how I was progressing which was very nice as I very rarely converse with my nurse.  All I get is a daily email from her that says everything looks good and the dosage of meds I should take that evening.  So the status update was very nice to hear.  I have 4 larger follicles around 13mm and 10 at around 9mm.  Pretty good.  Compared to my previous cycle I had more follicles but they were smaller on day 6 of stims.  So, we shall see.  She said I had a bunch of smaller follicles as well that might get larger with the addition of HGH so it'll be interesting to see what my ultrasound on Saturday shows.  She also said that she wouldn't be surprised if I triggered this weekend for an ER early next week.

Anyway, I'm certainly getting anxious and nervous about the outcome but I'm still pretty hopeful.  Just trying to take it one step at a time.  This whole thing won't be over until mid-late June so I might as well settle down.  The portion that I am really dreading though is the wait between ER and getting the CCS testing results back.  Once we know how many blasts made it to day 5, they will biopsy them and then freeze them.  The biopsies will get sent to be tested for chromosomal abnormalities.  It will take 2 weeks to get the results back.  So the total wait will be about 3 weeks to hear whether or not there will be a frozen transfer in June.  

But tomorrow will be a day that we try to be tourists.  Pat has an appointment for the lab to freeze his sperm at 5:30am (!) but the rest of the day is wide open.  So we will go in to NYC and bum around.  It's supposed to be a damp day though so we'll see how long we last!  No telling how Kellen will be either.  But either way, it'll be nice to have some fun exploring.  New Jersey has been pretty unexpected though.  It's really hilly and actually very scenic.  There's a lot we could do close by to our hotel so we might do that too on one day that we are here.    

No comments:

Post a Comment