My Baby Tracker

Saturday, April 23, 2016

4th IVF cycle has begun!

Good ol' aunt flow arrived right on schedule yesterday morning! For once, she was a welcome sight. I called my nurse and we nailed down our dates. Baseline was this morning and I was given the all clear to start stims tomorrow night. I will get monitored again on Tuesday then will be due for monitoring again on Thursday. I'll have to be in NJ for that appointment. So plan is to leave Tuesday evening after dinner. We'll drive 4-5 hrs then stop for the night. On Wednesday we'll drive the rest of the way.  It's a 10 hr 20 min drive to our hotel in Somerset, NJ.  So not too bad but our son has never done more than 5 hrs and he is an incredibly active 2.5 year old so a bit nervous on how he'll deal with it. Hopefully he'll be fine since we're breaking it up. 

Right now my thoughts are less than serene. My brain is jumbled up with things we'll need to get done or arrange before we leave.  Biggest thing was to book our hotel. We got one that is pretty affordable and has a separate bedroom and full kitchen so we can minimize our eating out and Kellen can still have his own room to nap in.  This weekend we'll start packing, getting arrangements finalized for our dog and cat, and I'll need to do some work so I'm ready to leave. I'll be out for 1.5 weeks so I have a lot to wrap up or hand off to people while I'm gone.  

In the back of my mind of course are thoughts of anxiety, doubt, nervousness for the actual cycle. I really hope this works!  My RE said based on my history we are hoping for 2-3 CCS tested normal blasts out of this. I hope he's right!  With CCS testing, that will screen out abnormal embryos so they will likely recommend a single embryo transfer at the FET. 

1 comment: