My Baby Tracker

Sunday, August 11, 2013

1st baby shower and 28 week OB appointment

We had out first baby shower last weekend.  I can't believe we are that far along to be ready for baby showers!  We are though - no doubt about it!  This shower was thrown by my hubby's aunt and the guests were all from my hubby's side of the family.  It was on the smaller side and was at his aunt's lake house which was great.  The weather was beautiful and we were even able to get in a boat ride around the lake.  My hubby and I were overwhelmed by the generosity of everyone!  We received lots of good stuff - both on and off the registry!  When we got home later that night we went through all the gifts and organized it all in the nursery.  It was all so exciting to see actual baby clothes hanging in baby's closet and putting on the new bedding really helped the nursery take shape.  We've also started to receive shipments of gifts from people.  Things are getting very real and we are starting to realize that we are going to have a storage issue with all the baby gear!  We've got a rock'n'play, bouncer, swing, 2 strollers and they've all been put in the basement for now.  Pretty soon that stuff will be scattered about the house along with all baby's other stuff.  Some SERIOUS home organization is in order - and fast!  But as usual I have gotten side-tracked, and am currently consumed with making some DIY storage bins for a set of shelves that we have in baby's room.  And next weekend we have baby shower #2.  So I think the home organization task will have to wait til September.

I had my 28 week check up this week and all was great.  I got checked for gestational diabetes and anemia too.  Was slightly nervous about the diabetes but all came back clear.  I am not anemic nor do I have diabetes.  Yay!  AND I only gained 3 pounds last month which my OB was happy to see.  Much better than the prior month's 9 lb gain.  So all is looking great.  I go back in 2 weeks for another check up.  Biweekly visits will continue until October when they'll be every week.

Yesterday marked the first day of the 3rd trimester!  WHOOHOO!!:))  We are coming down the home stretch!!  Can't wait to meet this little guy:))

No comments:

Post a Comment